Friday, January 21, 2011

Proper Perspective

I’ve often thought about how much I’ve been able to benefit from having the proper perspective on different issues and during different circumstances.  Trust me, this attitude wasn’t adopted overnight, and I’m still workin’ on it.  And how I may benefit, I know, should never be the sole motivation for trying to maintain the proper perspective.  After all has been said and heard, the conclusion of the matter is that we are to deeply revere God and do what he has told us to, because this is, simply, our whole duty (Ecc. 12:13).  We’re to love him with all we’ve got, and love everyone else, as we love ourselves (Matt. 22:37-40).  Trying my best to do things God’s way –and succeeding through his power, not my own- has given me the ability to let him be shown through me, and has given me a sense of peace that not even I can understand (Matt. 5:13-16; Php. 4:4-7).

Having the right attitude though, is just so invaluable –in messed up situations especially.  And for those who think that it’s impossible, the Bible does encourage us by letting us know that we have the ability to be transformed by the renewing of our minds (Rom. 12:2).  We aren’t helpless.  We make the decision whether, or not, we want to be content, through Christ (Php. 4:11-13).  Understanding that there is a time for everything gives us a little foresight (Ecc. 3).  And we should always make an effort to mature.  For adults it’s absolutely unfitting for us to speak, reason and act as children, not to mention embarrassing (1 Cor. 13:11).  We cannot let circumstances negatively impact our character.  The Holy Bible tells us to be self-controlled and holy in all that we do (1 Pe. 1:13-16).  It doesn’t say, be self-controlled and holy, unless you’re particularly irritated.

We aren’t to give in to evil desires as though we’re still ignorant and don’t know that God’s way is The Way (1 Pe. 1:14).  But if you’re in Christ, you’re a new creation…(2 Cor. 5:17) Now, how about that?  New being, new perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment