Wednesday, December 21, 2011

God Is Patient

It’s no surprise that as I pray to be more patient, God presents me with opportunities to cultivate patience in my character, by way of people who try my patience, as well as situations that require me to wait for a change after I’ve done my part. (I’ve concluded that a lot of the time after you’ve done everything you can do under your own power, you’re to pray and wait.)  Yes, God has a sense of humor, indeed.  And he is an answerer of prayers.
Patience is a godly trait, as love is patient, and God is love (1 Co 13:4; 1 Jn 4:16).  And we’re encouraged to be godly (Ti 2:11-15).  So my prayer is:
‘Lord, help me to be wise and patient, overlooking offenses. 
Help me to have persuasive patience.  Let me value patience over my own pride. 
I pray that I be an imitator of you Lord, showing kindness, tolerance, and patience that others may see you in me and be lead to repentance.  And I thank you Lord God for showing me the same grace and mercy! 
Although my anger might be justified, Lord let me keep from showing my wrath, as you do.
I know that I show myself to be your child when I’m understanding, patient and kind.
Lord, help me to work out my salvation so that I may reap the fruit of the Spirit, of which patience is a part.
I pray -as Paul did for the church in Colosse- that all believers be strengthened with all power according to God’s glorious might that we may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully give thanks to you the Father, who’s qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints.
I pray that I clothe myself in patience daily as one of your chosen Lord God.   
Lord, I know that I’m always in danger of becoming lazy and falling away from the body, so bless me with a mind to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what you’ve promised; examples like your prophets who spoke in your name Lord.
Yes, the patience of the Lord means salvation, and I thank you again Lord God for your patience that has lead me to salvation!  Help me to reflect your patience Lord!  These things I pray in Jesus’ name.
Amen.’

(Pr 19:11; 25:15; Ecc 7:8; Ro 2:4; 9:22; 2 Co 6:6; Ph2:12; Gal 1:11; 3:12; Heb 6:12; Jas 5:10; 2 Pe 3:15)




No comments:

Post a Comment