Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Take It Personally

I find myself relating with a lot of the people in the Bible, in one way or another. For those who value God’s word, and try to follow it, they often find their experiences mirroring those of the people in the Bible.
I, Michael, can definitely be overzealous -like Peter or Paul- speaking or acting on misdirected good intentions, and God has to set me straight (Mt 26:51-52; Mk 14:27-31; Ac 9:1-19; Php 3:5-6).
Often times I’m like Jacob wrestling to gain an understanding of God’s word and his desire for me in my life (and won’t let go until he blesses me!) (Ge 32:222-32).
A lot of the time, I find myself like I’m like Jesus, Abel, Stephen, the Apostles, and anyone else who’s persecuted for doing what’s right (Ge 4:1-8; Mt 26:1-5; 14-16; 47-68; 27:11-41; Ac 5:17-42; 6:8-15; 7:54-60).
But thank God I’m also like anyone who’s about their father’s business and follows Christ.  Yes I’m insulted and persecuted, but I’m also blessed (Mt 5:11-12; Lk 2:49)!
Although I’m not perfect, through Jesus Christ, God has declared me (and Paul) righteous (Ro 5:19).  I’m thankful that I can testify, like David, that the Lord has -so far- delighted in my way and has made my steps firm.  And though I often stumble, he’s upheld me with his hand, not allowing me to fall (Ps 37:23-24).  Thank you Lord!    
When I marvel at God’s love, grace and mercy, I ask –like David- ‘What is man that you are mindful of him?’ (Ps 8:4).  And so on, and so on…..
   

No comments:

Post a Comment